Friday, February 19, 2010

Butterflies of Uganda

Isn't that a beautiful title? Well, Butter Flies of Uganda is showing at the National Theatre this weekend, starting tomorrow Saturday to Sunday, 3:00 and 7:00 pm respectively. And the good news is that it's on us --which means it's absolutely free!

Because it's drawn from real life, Butterflies of Uganda is closer home that you can imagine. Beyond the powerful symbolism behind the title, the story is as sobering as this line from the script can get: "Let me tell you a story. I was conceived in rape."  That's all I can reveal now because I don't want to spoil the broth for you.

And in case you have watched Butterflies of Uganda and you are not the kind that twice watches a film, then fret not! On the same menu, we also have Waiting for my Tractor, a short film by Theatre Factory. I've not watched the film but if what is written on the jacket can be trusted, then it's one hilarious film:

"Waiting for my Tractor is all about hope and tells us that our dreams can come true if we appreciate that there are others with similar goals, identify them and work with them towards overcoming our blockades and enjoying the fruits of taking action..."  

I don't know about you but as for me, it is with unbated breath that I'm looking forward to watching these films at the National Theatre tomorrow and on Sunday, once again at 3:00 and 7:00pm 

No comments:

Post a Comment