Monday, April 19, 2010

SUCCESS IS ACHIEVABLE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD

By Robert Bake Tumuhaise


BAKE, for the last 10 years I’ve been chasing a UK Visa in vain. I have prayed and fasted but God has forsaken me. Now I know I am going to die a poor man,” my friend recently lamented. I was about to tell him not to be foolish, but I did not because I realized he was simply a victim of a crippling mindset. No wonder Saint Paul urges us to be transformed by renewing our minds daily.

This young man is just one of the many captives that have postponed living and are languishing in self-created limbo, waiting to start enjoying life when their dream of going abroad comes true.
It’s funny how some people struggle to leave a country that others are struggling to enter. While you may struggle to go to India to make money, hundreds of Indians entering Uganda are prospering!

When Winston Churchill thought of calling our motherland the Pearl of Africa, he had seen many treasures in this land.

How did the Bitatures, the Wavas, the Mukwanos make their money? And how many Ugandans have returned from South Africa, America, UK, without even enough money for a ticket back?
The belief that you can only succeed from abroad is part of a poverty/failure mindset that must be overcome.

I have a strong conviction that a person prepared to succeed will always succeed anywhere in the world. I remember reading about a man who was once a millionaire. All his factories were destroyed during war and he fled to another country as a refugee without anything. However, within two years, he was a millionaire again! This implies that his success was in his mind.

God has given each of us talents and gifts which, if used creatively and according to his purpose, will inevitably lead us to success. In this world there are people who wait for things to happen and there are those who make things happen. I am among the latter. How about you?


The writer is an author & Managing Director of World of Inspiration.
Contact: bakerobert@yahoo.com / 0712-868424

No comments:

Post a Comment